Sunday, December 9, 2012

Vintage Pyrex Measuring Cups!

Last weekend in Vancouver, a seniors centre in a nice part of town held heir annual Holly Bazaar, a sale of baked goods, handknit goods, and thrifty stuff of course!


Hubby manned the stroller so I could swoop through the crowds unhindered and I spotted a vintage Pyrex D Handle measuring cup... Then, I saw that it was nested inside a larger 4 Cup that matched!


Curiously, both were priced at $2 a piece.


The awesome thing is that I had gone into a Salvation Army a few days before and left empty handed. The best thing I saw was the exact same Pyrex 1 cup, but with a badly chipped handle. I think this was meant for me!


I am so glad to have this little set. The only problem is that I have a few more measuring cups thqn anyone really needs... Honest, I did not set out to collect measuring cups!


Linking up with the fine folks at http://sirthriftalot.blogspot.com, Apron Thrift Girl, and a-living-space.blogspot.com!

7 comments:

  1. 1 cup, 2 cup, 4 cup - love them all!!

    Hope you'll be playing the music box this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you can never have too many measuring cups...can you???

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find! As Linda said, one can never have too many measuring cups.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought I'd be collecting bowls!

    Luckily, I don't collect measuring cups (yet). Barely have room for the Pyrex bowls & casseroles I am lugging home. I do use the smaller version you bought a couple times a week, but I think I might buy a new Fire King one from Dollarama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for writing a bit about the Holly Bazaar. A treat.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just love when you find something and it seems meant to be?
    Those are great measuring cups! And better yet, they are useful...so you don't need to feel guilty! lol
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to stop myself buying measuring cups too! What is it wth measuring cups??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...