Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pyrex Butterprint Garage Sale Haul

I love when the weather heats up mid summer in Vancouver and the yard sales finally kick into gear!


I met a very interesting picker fellow who was selling off a bunch of his collectibles at his garage sale. Luckily for me, he collects Fire-King and had a bunch of Pyrex Butterprint pieces to sell! I had a great time wading through his boxes of goodies, but I definitely had my sights on these aqua beauties.


Swoon... The butter dish was in mint condition. Crisp image, perfectly glossy.


I purchased four pieces in total, including the Bake Store Serve set, missing all but one lid. I tried talking him down to fifteen but feel good about the $20 I paid.


Didja notice that sweet tray these are sitting on? I won it via a giveaway from Beccalina at A Vintage South! Thanks Becca!


Lovely detail eh? I just can't say no to butterprint...!

13 comments:

  1. This just doesn't happen anymore! Lucky You! You found great pieces!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got a GREAT deal! i paid 20 for that same butter dish ones! butter print is the pattern i collect. I would have snapped those up in an instant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found all the same pieces for my friend, BUT no butter dish...keep looking. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent finds. I never find pyrex at garage sales

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky!!! They're all great pieces and definitely the greatest pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome score! Who doesn't love Butterprint?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous score! LOVE your finds and am totally jealous (I collect Butterprint too!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Butterprint at a yard sale - how lucky is that!!! Great day for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone! I also hear from a friend's mom that Pyrex possibly didn't sell butterprint in western canada back in the day so it might be rarer to find this in the wild here. Wonder if that's really the case or if it was just less common!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pyrex is like that...It mesmerizes us and next thing you know, bam! you bought it!

    I'm like that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky you -great pieces and a great price! I have looking for those pieces forever (well maybe only four years but it feels like forever). My butterdish is a ghostly white and I wonder what pattern it had before losing it to use and the dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very true, "You just can't say no to Butterprint"! I got my nesting bowls finished, my fridge set finished, and now im working on the bake and serves! Hehe and Im going got have to ad the butter dish to my "want" list.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...