Monday, January 17, 2011

Pyrex Aqua Blue Scroll Promotional Bowl

My cup runneth over! I am very happy to report (while knocking on wood) that I have discovered another Pyrex Promotional piece. This time it was a $5 score at my neighbourhood Value Village, a turquoise coloured Blue Scroll Cinderella Bowl!


Doesn't it look great stacked with some of my other favourite Pyrex pieces? I have my Christmas-present Pyrex Dandelion Divided Dish and Pyrex Delphite Casserole supporting their new friend.


This Blue Scrolls bowl is from 1959 and I understand that it was originally sold with a clear glass dome lid and brass stand with candleholder. None of the accessories came with this great piece, but I was so happy to discover this bowl. When I caught a glimpse of its beautiful colour, I thought I was looking at the Balloons Chip and Dip set, then quickly realized it was a pattern I was not familiar with.


Pyrex also had a Green Scrolls pattern which had a similar motif in gold on a minty sage green background which is also stunning. I'm so glad they made a promotional piece with a variation of that pattern as this has quickly become one of my favourite Pyrex finds of all time!

Linking to Apron Thrift Girl's Thrift Share Monday!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my I think I have just fallen in LOVE!!!! That is a beautiful piece of Pyrex- GREAT FIND!
    I have the same bowl/design but its cream & gold - I like the blue much better:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! My favorite color and pink:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. excuse me while i drool! that is so beautiful - i am SO jealous :) GREAT find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the color, and it looks beautiful cradling your oranges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great Pyrex finds! Love the scroll bowl and that pretty blue casserole.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that bowl! I inherited one just like it from my mom. I vaguely remember a brass stand and candle holder in the far back reaches of our lower cupboards. Didn't know what it went to at the time, but that would make sense. Do you know what the lid looked like? I might have that around too. Thanks for sharing. Yours looks so fresh with the oranges in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the blue on that bowlie :-) I am all about white in my kitchen, but I would have bought that bowl lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Swoon. Yes, I'm still pinching myself over the find. I cannot believe it was sitting on a shslf at the Value Village!

    To P. - Some flickr photos I have seen that have this bowl with original packaging show a clear dome lid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that blue scroll pattern is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh I haven't seen that Pyrex pattern before. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen that pattern before! What a great find. I found 2 Butterprint mixing bowls at a VV last week. They weren't in as good condition as yours but my kids immediately said "those look like grandma's bowls!" :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...